Friday, June 8, 2012

Pincushion swap part 1!

Pincushion swap part 1!

Sooo exciting, my pincushion for my pincushion buddy arrived safely at her house! I always get a bit nervous sending bulky things in the mail, that it will get lost or stolen or something, so to be told it arrived was a huge sigh or relief! So because she has it, I can now show you what I made for her! I was happy with the end result, and recieved a lovely email from my buddy telling me how perfect it is for her! 

Liz, from http://busylizzieinbrizzy.blogspot.com.au/, was the blogger I was paired with to make a pincushion or needlecase as part of a global pin cushion swap! She wrote a little intro on herself, saying how much she loved polka dots,40's and 50's fashion, and vintage, and that her sewing room colours were in red and pale blue. I wanted to make something I knew I would enjoy making and would make for myself, but try and include all these different things she likes into this one project. And this is what I made. A needlecase!



I went through my sewing room, finding all the bits and pieces I thought would look cute and match the vintage/polkadot/bluey red theme!




First thing I had to do, was shoose how many pages I wanted the needlecase to have and cut the felt pages, with zig zag scissors, giving it a nice edge!




I then decorated each page. Once I was finished with all the pages, I closed the needlecase and sewed along the spine to create the book look and hold all the pages together! This is what all the pages looked like once finished!








I made the whole book felt, so that Liz, could use any page to stick needles/pins etc in even though I had put them in the middle. There are buttons on the cherry she can unpick and use and the cat bow is a brooch she can wear if she wishes! I then found some cute polka dot wrapping paper in my stash from Japan and wrapped it up with a card and sent it!



I cannot wait to recieve mine. I know its been posted already, so i basically live next to the letter box as my excitment is huge! I will show you all as soon as it arrives so keep your eyes on my blog! I loved being part of this pin cushion swap with someone, somewere in the world and look forward to the next one!


Taz






2 comments:

  1. very cute! love the booklet idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sooooo clever. What a creative idea, I love it. practical and beautiful. Where in the world did you send it to? xo
    P.S. Love the new look of your blog. Although i liked the original one, this is easier for me to read (must be getting old!!)

    ReplyDelete