Monday, March 18, 2013

Children's foam blocks.

My cute nephew turned two recently, and I made him a set of foam blocks using some of my thrifted vintage kids sheets. I wasn't sure if it was age appropriate, but I made them anyway, and I am glad. He threw them, sat on them, stacked them, so really I think it was a good idea. I cut out some of my favourite fabrics, some with cute pictures, others with  letters that spell his name, so when he's into spelling, he can have fun with words! The foam inside the blocks....I may have taken a bread knife and cut the end of our foam mattress..shh!  Have a look..


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Made him this simple card
 
 
I am quite happy with how they turned out, and plan to make some for Percy soon! What things do you like to make for little boys?
 
In other exciting and scary news..I'm currently planning a Vintage Button swap, so if your interested to take part, stay tuned. Im busy taking part in a nautical craft swap and last night had a dream I recieved vintage buttons, so decided to make the dream a reality! Will get the ball rolling asap!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Taz
 

11 comments:

  1. Well done you Taz - the proof is in the pudding! He loved them so that's pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its always nice when you see something getting used! And did you say pudding....!

      Delete
  2. hiya taz...the cubes are so cute and the little man loves them!count me in for button swap!also...wld u like to do a bit of easter crafting sumtime nxt week?maybe nxt tuesday so the boys can do music stuff?ill call u! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok yay..will do a post soon about button swap even if it only ends up being the two of us haha, who knows how it will turn out! And yes crafting sounds good. I dont know much easter craft but I can work on something.x

      Delete
  3. They're really great ... I love the fabrics ... lots of fun ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bee. I love the fabric too. Going to make some exact for Percy I think.

      Delete
  4. They are awesome Taz, what a lovely gift x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I'm not sure what happened to my comment... Anyway these are great, love the fabrics and a fun thoughtful gift. I just ade some mini beanbags for my littlest. Basically a little pillow filled with rice for catching and throwing. Great for little ones developing these skills.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete