Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I'm taking part in a upcycling challenge for charity...join me!


My sister in law Ash, who is a mighty fine crafter, writes the blog Go Mumma, and she is hosting a Winter Upcycling Challenge for charity. The charity is Green Collect, and the challenge, is to make something from upcycled materials. The item or items need to be something that helps you keep warm. I'm taking part, and have decided to make a crochet cushion cover with a upcycled napkin for the back, a upcycled vintage hanky bunting and maybe, only maybe, a Kitchen Linen Skirt. I know none of these really keep you warm, but they make me happy, which makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside! Great! If you would like more info, so you can take part, or to learn more about Green Collect, head over here for all the details. I know alot of you out there are fantastic at upcycling, so this is a perfect reason to make something! The items will be auctioned off and the proceeds will go to Green Collect. Ash has also got a fab prize up for grabs!

Here are some photos of an upcycled vintage hanky bunting that I made for my lounge. I will be making one just like it for the challenge.


 




I plan to make a crochet cushion cover similar to this one I made,

and this is my Kitchen Linen Skirt I made a while back, that if I have time, will make one similar.
 
Let me know if you decide to take part. Im looking forward to auction day.
Any craft challenges your doing at the moment?
 
See you soon with a bit of a show off about a dress(for an adult) I made and gifted..first time ever!
 
Taz xxx

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Taz!! I can't wait to see your lovely contributions!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that skirt, want the pattern plse?! Great idea xo

    ReplyDelete