Sunday, October 12, 2014

Vintage Pattern Love!

Hi lovely readers,

Hope you had a great weekend. It felt like summer yesterday here in Melbourne which was great. Today though, back to 15 degrees and quite chilly. Blogging and sending magazine orders is on my to do list for today's cold weather.

I don't think I am the only one who loves vintage sewing patterns. In fact I know I'm not the only one. There are some incredibly talented sewers out there who take their love to the next step, and actually use them to make clothes. I sadly cannot understand the patterns. I've probably not bothered to try hard enough, but all the lines and numbers confuse me. I might force my mum to teach me. She likes to remind me every now and then that she used to sew. She taught me how to gather my skirts and dresses, but I don't think she knows that!! Now you do!! Anyway,  one day I hope to use them, cos then Id be able to re create some of the stunning dresses and skirts. Until then, I do collect the patterns found at opshops and fairs, to use for inspiration and ideas, great for gift wrapping, and some to hang as decorations on my wall. Have a look at these ones in my collection, I just love them.





So sad, the pattern for the shorts were missing!




This dress, just shorter I think would be very cute.















I really like the red polka dot dress.



THAT BROWN DRESS/HAIR/BROOCH!!!

Love the simple blue skirt. In fact that girls whole outfit is great!

Anyone else collect patterns? Do you know how to use them? 

Will be back soon, I have some pics from my Fabric tape workshops I have been running. If your interested in taking part, the next one is this thursday the 16th.

Taz xx

3 comments:

  1. I do have a few vintage patterns. I have made a skirt and a top. I felt totally overwhelmed with patterns but slowly but surely I have found success. Some of your patterns look really easy too.. You might surprise yourself. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed seeing your pattern collection. My collection has grown too, although I'm yet to actually sew from a pattern. I hope to try one day, but they kind of overwhelm me! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures on the patterns, you could frame them for a crafting/sewing room wall display couldn't you. xx

    ReplyDelete